This 3-day adventure for adult cancer survivors and 1 adult co-survivor/caregiver. This retreat takes place in beautiful Donnelly, Idaho on the banks of Lake Cascade. Participants will challenge themselves with rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding, games and more – offering experiences to connect and share with someone special who has been on this cancer journey with you. Must be 18 years old to participate.
The 2021 lottery draw will be held on April 1st and the 1st round of selected participants will be notified and given the opportunity to hold their spot. The campsite has sand and uneven terrain where participants access the river. The ability to self-ambulate and maintain balance with minimal assistance is mandatory for this extended-day River Adventure. Bathrooms and showers available for our use.
“It was a very rewarding experience and I left with an extra spring in my step (that I have not had for quite a while).”
- No rafting/camping experience necessary
- All meals and snacks provided, dietary restrictions considered
- Participants will need to bring their own tent and sleeping gear (RD has gear to borrow if you do not have your own)
- The adventure program is free but does require a $30 registration fee
- Medical release from your physician required to participate