This 3-day adventure for adult cancer survivors and one adult co-survivor/caregiver. Participants will challenge themselves with rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding, games and more – offering experiences to connect and share with someone special who has been on this cancer journey with you. Must be 18 years old to participate.
In 2023 our retreat will be three days on the Salmon River out of Riggins, Idaho with Rubicon Rafting. The campsites have sand and uneven terrain where participants access the river. The ability to self-ambulate and maintain balance with minimal assistance is mandatory for this extended-day River Adventure.
“It was a very rewarding experience and I left with an extra spring in my step (that I have not had for quite a while).”
- Program is free but does require a $60 registration fee
- No rafting/camping experience necessary
- Meals and snacks provided, dietary restrictions considered
- Participants will need to bring their own tent and sleeping gear (RD has gear to borrow if you do not have your own)
- Physicians Medical release required to participate
The Survivor/Co-Survivor Retreat is sponsored in part by a grant through St. Luke’s Community Health Improvement Fund (CHIF).